Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Lily"

Here is our wonderful sweet student "Lily", actually Lillian, but I renamed her :) She is studying English at the Edmond Language Institute. She has lived with us since October 15th. We are enjoying her very much! Many of you know we have hosted several students, most from South America. Lily is from Taiwan. She actually plans to stay here and continue at UCO, after she passes the TOEFL! Ugh! Keep her in your prayers. We have a lot of fun visiting and practicing english. She is very sweet with our children and Sophie loves to play in her room! Sophie likes to wear all of her fashionable shoes. So, for those of you who thought we had 4 in our family, we actually have 5!

3 comments:

Anita said...

How fun! I always thought I would really enjoy that... Both when I was a kid, and now!

rebecca marie said...

it's quite an experience, isn't it? we are on our second school year with "daniel" (chan gyu) from south korea. i'm so glad we decided to do this for him, and for our own kids!

SimplyBillie said...

When I was in highschool, my parents hosted an exchange student from Germany. It was such an amazing experience! I thought about signing up to host a student this year, but wasn't sure how it would work out having little one's in the house (2,3 and expecting) or how difficult the whole process was. I would love to hear more about your experiences. Great blog!