Wednesday, May 27, 2009

They say , "There is a special place in heaven for the mother of three boys"



But what about the mother of one boy? I have to assume that there will be a special place for me too. ;) My little boy can sure give me a run for my money to say the least. But God never fails me. As I reflected on the the challenges that can come with parenting, I picked up a kids devo book sitting next to me and opened to the page "When you face a trial".

You will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue.~James 1:2-3.

This scripture came at the perfect time. After a few rough days I needed this encouragement.

Although he can be a challenge at times he can also be a blessing in sooooo many ways. This little guy, getting bigger by the day, is very quick witted when least expected. He loves his little sister dearly and often calls her "honey", while trying to help her with something. He still likes to be "put to bed" with a prayer and a late night "talk". He does his chores. He loves to go to Bible class and school. Not to mention he has done very well academically. He has patience beyond measure, like his dad. :) He is honest and reliable. We love him very much!!!!

One other exciting tidbit that we are so thrilled about is his ability to mow the grass :). I know dad was elated that this day arrived so I included a pic of him in action! We love you Davis!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That is so sweet that he calls her "honey." You are a wonderful Mom and I know that you are full of grace when you do face those trials!

Michelle said...

Thanks Elizabeth! I appreciate it!

Kayla said...

Does he like building little wooden playhouses!?!

Donnetta said...

Uh oh, Davis learned to mow the yard. What next! Take out the trash, feed the dog, make your bed, carry in the groceries. There's a whole world of helpful activities out there. This is just the beginning for him!

I am in FL and doing fine. Having to use the library computer til I figure out hubby's wifi and get it charged up. Also-places to go where I can use it.

Trip was 22 hours and I had a queasy tummy. My vitamin D level has dropped into deficient range again and feeling a bit crummy--but doc started me on presciption D and hopefully the sun will be out soon so I can lay out by our pool.

Be sure to let me know how you are doing. I can read my gmail. donnettalee@gmail.com Send me a note!

Have a great summer! D