Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Living off the land


If I could "live off the land" I would. Did you know that about me? Many of you probably did not. Just to let you know I am fascinated with simple living, homesteading, living off the grid, farming, and other topics such as these. It is not uncommon for me to be reading about doing this or how to go about doing it.
As for now I must be content with my situation. I pray that in the future I will be able to pursue my dream of living the rural life. David, he is not as keen on the idea. I think my children would adapt easily. What child would not want to be able to run free and climb trees at their hearts content? My son reminds me that he will not be helping feed the animals. :)lol That is the part I love. I love to take care of things and watch them grow. From child rearing to gardening...
Who knows what God has planned....maybe it will happen. As for now I will research and learn about these fascinating lifestyles.

2 comments:

Anita said...

It is such a noble longing... I think that all humans, somewhere in their soul, has that longing to return to the simple life so connected to the earth... some just don't know it... ;)
God has us exactly where he wants us at all times... that is what consoles me as I, too, wish to be in the country and just can't get there right now...

Kristi said...

So glad to have caught to you, Michelle! I look forward to keeping up on your life through your writing.

Happy Holidays!