Sunday, January 11, 2009

To make the week worse...then better

Following my difficult 2 days Sophie developed a kidney infection. She has had a fever for 2 days with abdominal pain and painful urination. it is heartbreaking. To top it off it has been almost impossible to get her to take her medicine. We are trying one last attempt of putting it with chocolate ice cream...that was recommended by the on call nurse, otherwise she will need to get a shot. Monday we will try to get in to the Dr.

In addition to that news we welcomed our new student Karine from Panama! She is only 16! She will only be here 6 weeks. Most of our other students have stayed for 4 months or more. As far as I can tell I think she is going to be a delight to have in our home.

Well I am off to attempt a GF dessert!

1 comment:

Heather said...

How is Sophie doing? I hope she feels better soon!!