Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Thoughts...

Today I pulled in to the nearby park to wait for Davis to get out of school, while waiting 3 teenaged boy's were arrested right next to our car. Sophie was so intrigued, of course, what 4 year old wouldn't be? She wanted to know what the Police were looking for... I said "bad things"... I had a hard time fighting back tears for these boy's. They looked pretty "normal". I'm pretty sure they must of had drugs on them because the officers were searching the car, really good! And they made them take off shoes etc... So when Davis finally arrived, he was afraid to even walk in our direction. Needless to say I was able to use this as a teachable moment. I emphasized the importance of who you choose as friends etc... I told him that this day will change the rest of the lives for these boys... finding a job, going to college, etc... it made me very sad. We prayed for them at dinner tonight.

Sophie fell asleep at 7pm tonight, after having a meltdown...crying that she didn't want to fall asleep. It was too funny, she knew her body was giving in, she laid on the couch and was asleep w/in 3 minutes.

The baby is moving all the time! I love this part of being pregnant! Some of the other stuff...not so much.

My aunt returned safely from Cambodia, she had a great time!

My son is obsessed w/ making videos of himself on my Mac, he is actually very good for an 11 year old. He has taught himself to add music, splice it all together, and way more that I do not understand. I can't believe he has had the patience to sit and do all of this.

My birthday is next week and I have requested special yard work projects to be done, and I would like for someone to paint my bedroom... maybe I am nesting vicariously through others :)

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

Hi, Michelle: All sounds well in your world. Too bad about the boys at the school, though. We've seen our share of this sort of thing, haven't we? Brother and I are going to Mama's tomorrow to celebrate her 80th birthday. I can't believe it. She was a young mom and we sort of grew up together. She isn't the same now, of course. I do miss all the times we had together. But I am thankful that we had them. Best! D

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow, what a good life lesson for Davis!