Thursday, August 21, 2008

Murphy Beds...


Today I ended up behind a truck advertising custom made Murphy Beds. It has always been my dream to own a Murphy bed.I wanted to jot the # down. In case you are unfamiliar with this term it is a bed that folds up flush against the wall so you have more space in the room. I am also facinated with people who live in small spaces and the way they maximize their space. Now that we are settled in our new jobs I would like to research doing the same thing with our family. If you have ever been to the Ikea store there are many examples of how to do this. I was amazed at the creativness of how to live in a small area and have everything you need. The Murphy bed is a perfect fit for this kind of home. This would explain my excitement I had when we stayed at a resort at Grand Lake a few weeks ago; we had a Murphy bed!I'm not sure who was more excited the kids or me??? I ended up taking advantage of the king and let the kids have the Murphy!

1 comment:

Blair said...

Michelle,

I was doing a search for boys murphy beds and this post came up, that's pretty cool. We have talked about doing a murphy bed for a while. I don't know if it will ever happen, but there is a good possibility we will make one for Clark when he gets his own room. You can buy a kit form Rockler.com to build your own. We've even seen some listed on Craigs List.

Good luck,

Blair