Monday, August 25, 2008
I am learning about all the fun that comes with coaching a cheerleading squad. Most of the fun is good and a little of it is "drama". I'm sure it could be much worse. That is one reason I decided to stick with middle school cheer.
Here are a few things I have learned thus far...
1. It is possible for someone to not be able to jump off the floor...literally
2. Cheerleader's today are much different than cheerleader's of my day
3. There is such a thing as ghetto dancing
4. Not everyone has $300.00 to drop to pay for all the expenses
5. Most cheerleading squads cost double what it costs to be on our squad
6. My girl's appreciate the little things, (cheap shoes as long as they are new)
7. I am not willing to buy cheap shoes...we cheer for FB and BB
8. I am blessed to have a great assistant coach
9. It can get UGLY when the co-captain does not get captain...still working on this one
10. EMHS has some great girl's on their POM and Cheer, they did our camp this summer
I'm sure I will continue to learn much more...we haven't even had our first game yet! So far I am enjoying it, despite the critical remarks I get when I tell someone that I coach MS Cheer...maybe I haven't learned that lesson yet....
Posted by Michelle at Monday, August 25, 2008