Friday, July 16, 2010

Random thoughts Thursday...

  • I have already gone to bed once and have already woken up w/ Sciatic nerve pain, swelling, and what I think one may call restless leg syndrome. I hope I am not in for a long night! I barely have energy to write but it helps to pass time while my leg calms down.
  • Today was a rough day with Sophie, she wore me out... from back talking, meltdowns, and attempts to manipulate time and time again I was ready to call it a night... however she stalled the whole process for about an hour and a half. She did finally top it off with the mother of all excuses, "mom I can't sleep because my back tickles and I think I should practice my sight words".  I smiled as I once again walked her back to her bedroom for the last time. *I do believe her shinanigans that she pulled today were brought on in part by pain and discomfort brought on by her broken arm. I am hopeful that today will be better.
  • I am definitely in nesting mode, mostly in my head, which is very nerve racking. I still have several musts to do before this baby arrives in about 3 weeks... or less.
  • I love you BofA, today I am purchasing a van, however, the deposit I made 2 days ago had a hold placed on it until tomorrow, therefore I was going to have to tell the seller of the van to wait 1 more day... needless to say I called customer service and they lifted the hold. I am so grateful! so make sure you don't make large deposits at an ATM or your funds may be tied up.
  • Found out this week that I have a moderate case of scoliosis. This explains all the back and sciatic issues I have been having. Since I am pregnant I can't have an x-ray to determine the extent.  I am anxious to learn what I will be able to do to find some relief.  Last night was rough! I told David that I can now see how people can become addicted to pain medications when they are dealing with chronic pain. Anyone who suffers from chronic pain my heart is aching for you!
  • I've had to apologize to my kids more than once for being so grumpy, and thats an understatement, Sophie informed me that I was grumpy before I was pregnant, then followed it with asking what grumpy meant, thank goodness! My feelings were saved from being crushed.
  • Tomorrow Sophie will be getting a cast on her left arm for a buckle fracture. She is not happy about it.
  • Spent to much on school supplies for Davis today, and I used coupons and shopped 2 sales! 
  • I learned that I am 2cm dilated and 50% effaced today. I knew I felt different. I did not dilate with either of my other two so I was excited about this. I hope I go on my own, however, we did schedule an induction for August 2nd, so there is now an end in sight!
  • This post was compiled over a 24 hour period! 

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh poor Sophie. It's like a real break with a real cast :(

Kayla said...

Oh, and I haven't found any help with my scoliosis. It's not chronic thank goodness, but there is nothing I know to do when I start hurting. Most of the time its after hours of course...so if you find something let me know!!

The McDowells said...

Hi Michelle,

I just saw your comment, I would love for Macy and Sophie to become penpals! I was just thinking the other day that it would be fun for her to have one! Email me at katiedmcdowell@yahoo.com when you would like to get started, and I will send you our address. There is no hurry, it sounds like you have a lot going on. Congratulations on your soon to be new addition!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Bless you! Let the countdown begin!

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog