- I've been questioned by Oregon friends, "Why on earth would I want to live in a tornado hazardous state?", does anyone have a good answer? I tell them because we love the people, it's a great place for our family, we have roots here, family, and the odds of getting hit are very slim.... Really, I love Edmond! It's a great place! I did fail to mention the hail storm we endured today...
- I am addicted/craving so many foods these days. Due to my diet restrictions, that have grown since learning I have Gestational Diabetes, I can still consume raw almonds, ICE from Sonic, rice cakes w/ peanut butter, roast and potatoes, cucumbers, carrots... I'm seeing a crunchy theme here :)
- I am learning what it is like to have a child smack dab in the middle of puberty, and I'm somewhat grateful for having "puberty" to blame it on, it helps me chuckle when he is acting so ridiculous. I also love hearing his perspective. So far he will actually talk about it. Tonight he did get very angry with me when I mentioned a girl that he has liked for over a year. It was so funny, but I had to stop due to fearing my safety. Later in the evening Sophie wanted to know what puberty meant, Davis was quick to tell her she would experience it about age 10, because girls start it sooner. Thanks son, I had forgotten that. She was excited, and wanted to know what would happen, it was a very fun conversation that I'm sure she will not forget, and I will be reminded often!
- This little girl inside of me is so active at night. So far no hiccups. She seems to twist and turn mostly. I did learn she is head down and low at the last US, I believe it! I'm praying that is why I have such sciatic nerve pain, and it will instantly disappear when she is birthed.
- We are hosting a new student from Panama, she is great! She will only be with us for 2 weeks, while her current homestay is in Boston.
- I currently need a new dishwasher and washer. One leaks and one won't spin :(
- I'm planning to cloth diaper this time around. Better get a new washer first!
- No stretch marks yet, keeping my fingers crossed.
- I love our new floors in the dining and hallway, maybe I'll post a pic someday. The are honey colored.
- My room is a wreck, when I clean, everything gets thrown in there, I know, I know I am breaking all decorating rules. My bedroom should be a comfortable place to go, I'll add that one to the list.
- I am so grateful for friends who have given us much needed baby items. I am still looking to borrow a bassinet, just in case any of my readers know of one????
- Thank you to my hubs for letting me use the much coveted pillow, that we usually fight over, every night. It means more than you think. I know you don't read this, but just in case.
- I am still in awe watching seniors graduate, seniors I babysat when they they were 2. One in particular who actually slept in bed w/ David and I for 2 nights, my first experience sleeping w/ a toddler breathing in my face all night, BTW. Now you are like 6'3 or so.... how does that happen Lee? Not to mention my little flower girl, Meagan, who is on the verge of becoming engaged. I guess I am 36, that's how that happens.
- It is now 1:40 am, I must return to my favorite pillow, that is if it is still available....
Monday, May 17, 2010
I've been meaning to write some things down that are so random, but what better place than to do it than here? Right? I mean it's 1:12 am, why shouldn't I get back to sleep.....