Sunday, May 31, 2009

So blessed

Today was a great day! It all started with me actually being on time and leaving the house to be on time to church. We had a wonderful lesson focusing on reaching out to others. Oh, how I need to do this more. I often have great intentions of reaching out but do not always follow through... fear of rejection I presume. One more thing to add to my prayer list.

The service ended with my 10 year old nephew going forward to be baptized. What a special day for this Brown family. It seems like only yesterday he was born...just five days after my own son.

The afternoon was spent doing a few household chores and a nap of course. Following dinner we played several rounds of Apples to Apples with the family. Then welcomed David's family over for some Wii/Guitar Hero action. David did not get up from those drums for a couple of hours. He can really rock out! We keep telling him to join a band and relive his glory days :) Anyone needing a drummer let me know...

As I sit here yawning I am feeling so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stopping by on a recommendation from Sandy--very cute blog!!